Monday, January 2, 2012

New Year & New Tool/Toy

It is a new year and I hope a good one for all.  I picked up a new tool/toy with my Christmas money.  I purchased it at AC Moore with a 50% off coupon.  It was $16.99 so that coupon was nice.  ek tools has a dimensional flower punch out.  The one I got is carnation.  I made a few flowers up last night.  It is super easy to make them.  I just punched along a 12x12 sheet of cardstock and I got a flower strip.  I punched out a strip from 2 different colored cardstock.  (the thicker cardstock can be a bit harder to punch through)  Just glue the 2 strips together with the petals off set of each other a bit.  I just used Aleene's quick dry tacky glue.  It worked fine no hot glue needed.  I got a small paint brush of mine and used the handle since it is round and small and rolled the flower up.  Placing a little glue on the border strip here and there as I went.  After I got it all rolled up and glued the ends I just pushed those petal outwards and got a really cute flower.  I went and shoved a pearl down in the center.  All done!  Now these flowers do not lay flat so I probably won't use them on a card, but I believe they could be used on a layout page.  They are great if you like to decorate boxes and such.  So if you seen these and was on the fence about them maybe this picture will help you decide.  Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. wow great flowers.love the paper for the flowers.cant wait to see what you use them for.tfs

    ReplyDelete