Saturday, January 5, 2013

Snowman card

With all the snow we got around the holidays it put me in a snowman mood.  Here is a card I made using a image that was stamped for me many years ago.  Probably way back in the 90's.  I decided it sat around collecting dust long enough.  Time to do something with it.


I used one of the Martha Stewart snowflake punches for the blue snowflakes.  I recently bought 5 sets of MME stamps from My Craft Channel.  First time I ordered from them.  It was a pretty good deal.  I was pleased.  One the stamps sets from The sweetest thing was the bright silly happy words so I used them with some silver embossing powder.  The background paper came from MME Miss Caroline 6x6 paper pad.  The stamps and paper pad were both by Jen Allyson.  I used Copic's for coloring him.  I have to say I am no expert at using those markers.  I don't have a lot of them so if I need a color and don't have it in Copic's then I improvise with the Spectrum noir ones I do have.  For me coloring is relaxing, & fun.  I think I may send this card out to my son who is in Air Force tech school right now.  I think it passes as a guy card.  Boy was it hard when he was in basic training and I couldn't send anything but plain white paper letters and no glitter........It was a crafters nightmare........LOL. 

Happy Crafting!

2 comments:

  1. So cute.Its a perfect card for a guy.Love the background paper used.That snowman is so adorable.We will definitely enjoy a card whit lots of color and shimmer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's a cutie! Your Copic coloring is awesome!

    Hugs,
    Kristi

    ReplyDelete