Wednesday, May 25, 2011

B-day cards

My daughters birthday is coming up soon so I figured I would get busy making her card.  I asked her what her favorite colors were (cause with kids they can change from day to day).  She said lime green and blue.  All rightie then.  I made the cake from the Simply Charmed cricut cart and used lime green and blue.  Added a couple of blue buttons with green twine tied through them.  So happy to get it done ahead of time.  Then............

She says you didn't ask what kind of animal I liked.  I knew right away what she was talking about.  The Create a Critter cart.  She loves the animals in this cart.  So I gave her the book to look through and tell me what animal she wanted.  She picked the lamb.  I decided since I already did lime green and blue on the cake card I was going to do the lamb card with the colors I felt like.  For this card I remember to write down what I cut the dies at.  I cut the lamb at 3¾".  Happy birthday at 1½".  The grass I cut from Straight from the Nest cart.  I used design studio to cut the grass because I wanted to make sure it would go the lenght of the bottom of the card.  I cut it at 2½" in DS.  I embossed the grass with swiss dots.  It is a 5X7 card.  Put a little bling by the Happy Birthday and I am now done with the 2nd birthday card.  I hope she likes them.  Thanks for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment