Monday, July 1, 2013

July card swap

Wow the month of June just flew by.  I can't believe it is July already.  Here are the cards I sent to Millie & Kim this month for the July card swap.
 
 For this card I used the Tim Holtz's Tattered flowers sizzix die for the flowers.  The tag on the front comes from the pack of tags that Millie sent me last month.  The lace used at the bottom came from a pack of trim from Webster's.  I also did some sewing around the edges.  Yeah I can't believe I pulled my machine out.  I used a cream thread but now I am thinking I should have used white cause you can hardly see it.  I also embossed the card base.  I can't remember the folder I used.  I have so many embossing folders I need to start using them. 


 This was a fun card to make.  The pink frame was just a piece of plain chipboard.  I painted it pink and glued some glitter on it.  Put a flower and some embellishment's on.  The key is a brad that Kim gave me.  I really liked them.  Not as heavy as the metal keys you can get. 
 
 
This card was a bright and cheery card.  The reason I did a mushroom is when I took the dog out I noticed a bunch of mushrooms in the grass.  It just put me in the mood to do a mushroom card.  I made the mushroom from the Cricut Cindy Loo cart.  It is such a cute cart.  Once again I embossed the background.  Trying to use those embossing folders more.
 
Next on to the goodies I put in the ladies swap bags.
 
 
 I seen these really cute layer stickers from MME at my LSS.  Then I found a paper pad that goes with it.  So I got each of the ladies a pack of the stickers and then I split the paper pad between them so they would have some matching paper to go with the stickers.


 As I was looking at the stickers with the kite on it.  I decided some cool felt clouds would be nice to go with the goodies too.
 
 I went to a place called surplus city.  They have all kinds of lace n such.  So I picked up a yard of this and that lace and gave Kim & Millie a foot each.  We all got a foot each.  I have plenty of lace but I thought this lace was neat cause it had a line of small pearls on it.  I got the lace with pink and white pearls.  I also picked up a lacey applique.  We can find so many things that you would have never thought to use on a card only to find out hey that can work.

I decorated these little tea lights.  I seen it somewhere but can't remember and decided to give it a whirl.  Here is what I came up with.  I hope the ladies like them.
 
That's my July swap for Millie & Kim.  When they send me theirs I will be sure to post.
 
I hope everyone has a great 4th of July! 
Be safe, & enjoy!
 
Happy Crafting!
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards for the swap.You sure have been crafting.love all the details from embossing to sewing.Beautiful vintage femine cards.Awesome goodies you got the girls.You could never have too much lace.I have a hard time using the beautiful lace you sent me.I kinda like hoarding my lace.Yummy tea light cakes.Like those little flowers on them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your cards! Very pretty and sweet! the mushroom card is darling!

    ReplyDelete